Followers who wish to get reacquainted with the hard-luck bounty hunters of the unique Cowboy Bebop can now stream the basic anime on Funimation.
The anime distributor introduced that every one 26 episodes of the celebrated 1998 anime sequence are actually accessible for streaming via its subscription service. Funimation additionally introduced that it’s launching a full licensing program for the present and has partnered with plenty of completely different corporations to create new toys, clothes and different merchandise that includes the neo-noir sequence’ characters and iconography. The brand new assortment of merchandise contains new vinyl figures and different merchandise from Funko and YouTooz, collector’s grade resin collectible figurines from First4Figures and even bank card covers by Cucu Covers. Funimation has additionally partnered with Scorching Matter to host a Watch-A-Lengthy of the beloved twentieth episode of the sequence, Pierre Le Fou, on the retailer’s official Discord server.
Funimation’s full record of the brand new Cowboy Bebop merchandise, partnerships and occasions is as follows:
- Thrilling new choices from Funko later this yr
- A brand new attire line from Chalk Line in time for the vacations.
- New posters from Tendencies Worldwide coming this yr
- Resin statue collectible figurines from First4Figures, together with Jet Black, with extra to be added at Funimation
- Choose your favourite Cowboy Bebop design and customise your debit/bank cards with CUCU Covers
- Bioworld has launched custom-made attire and accent merchandise distinctive to retailers Scorching Matter, Field Lunch, Spencer’s, Atsuko and extra
- Extra attire, wall scroll, plush, and small accent releases from Nice Japanese Leisure
- Detachable and reusable wall decals from Fathead
- Six restricted version vinyl figures from Youtooz
Cowboy Bebop initially premiered in Japan 1998 to quick essential acclaim. Directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, who would later go on to direct Samurai Champloo and Area Dandy, and produced by Gundam animation studio Dawn, the sequence was heralded as an prompt basic upon its launch because of its jazzy soundtrack, mature writing, and movie-quality animation. The sequence is about in a near-future the place humanity has deserted the Earth in favor of colonies all through the photo voltaic system, however remains to be suffering from modern-day issues reminiscent of corrupt politicians, organized crime, drug habit, and greed. The present focuses on a crew of expert however unfortunate bounty hunters, all of whom are weighed down by their previous in several methods.
A live-action American remake of the anime is about to debut on Netflix on Nov. 19. The sequence stars Harold and Kumar Go To White Fort‘s John Cho because the laid-back jeet kune do skilled Spike Spiegel, Luke Cage‘s Mustafa Shakir as the previous cop Jett Black, and Jurassic World‘s Daniella Pineda as Faye Valentine, the femme-fatale whose previous is shrouded in thriller. The live-action reboot will function new music from Yoko Kanno, who composed the unique anime’s iconic soundtrack, with Shinichiro Watanabe serving as a inventive marketing consultant for the brand new present.