Once you first set up Home windows 11, you’ll most likely see a brand new icon in your Taskbar — or, at the least, it is going to be new when you haven’t been utilizing Microsoft’s Groups collaboration app recently. When you float your cursor throughout the icon, which seems to be like a digicam within a cartoon speech balloon, it would say “Chat.” Click on on it, and also you’ll be invited to “Meet and chat with friends and family” utilizing Microsoft Groups.
When you’re already utilizing Groups, otherwise you’re okay with switching to it, you’re fantastic. After that, if you click on on the Chat icon, you’ll be capable of chat with associates, household, and colleagues utilizing a pop-up field.
So what when you’re not concerned about utilizing Microsoft Groups?
There are a number of issues you are able to do when you discover the push to Groups irritating. You’ll be able to cease Groups from robotically loading each time you begin your machine. You’ll be able to take away the Chat icon from the Taskbar. And, when you actually need to go the entire hog, you may uninstall it.
Let’s take these one by one.
Cease Groups from loading on startup
It’s actually easy to easily cease Groups — or every other app that you simply don’t want — from loading when your machine begins up. This not solely will get your machine to start out up sooner, however it reserves your PC’s reminiscence for the stuff you actually need to use.
- Open the Settings app. There are a number of strategies: you may click on in your Begin icon and choose Settings from the pinned menu; or right-click the Begin icon and choose Settings; or kind “Windows + i” on the keyboard.
- Choose Apps > Startup
- Scroll all the way down to “Microsoft Teams” and toggle it off. (The app could say “Microsoft Teams (Preview)” as a substitute.)
By the way in which, so long as you’re within the Startup menu, check out a number of the different apps that robotically begin up together with your laptop; there could also be some others that you simply need to disable (for instance, what when you don’t essentially need to run OneDrive?). Go forward and try this.
Take away Groups out of your Taskbar
Even when you cease Groups from loading, you’re nonetheless going to have the Groups Chat icon sitting in your Taskbar. When you have no intention of utilizing it and need to save your Taskbar for different apps, it’s easy to take away it, although it’s not fairly the identical course of as many of the different apps which are pinned there.
- Proper-click on the Taskbar after which click on on “Taskbar settings”
- Beneath Taskbar gadgets, toggle off “Chat”
When you actually, actually don’t need Groups round, you may uninstall it. There are literally two methods of doing this:
Utilizing the Begin menu
- Click on on the Begin menu icon within the Taskbar after which on the “All apps” button
- Scroll all the way down to the Microsoft Groups app or kind “Teams” within the search field. (The app could say “Microsoft Teams (Preview)” as a substitute.)
- Proper-click on the app and select “Uninstall.” You’ll be informed that the app shall be uninstalled, so click on “Uninstall” once more.
- Open the Settings app (see above for varied methods to do that)
- Choose Apps from the left-hand menu
- Choose “Apps & Features”
- Discover the Microsoft Groups app, both by scrolling down or typing “Teams” into the search field. (It could say “Microsoft Teams (Preview).”)
- Click on on the three dots to the appropriate of the app’s title and choose “Uninstall.” You’ll be informed that the app shall be uninstalled, so click on “Uninstall” once more.