Each Friday, The Verge publishes our flagship podcast, The Vergecast, the place co-hosts Nilay Patel and Dieter Bohn focus on the week in tech information with the reporters and editors overlaying the most important tales.
This week on The Vergecast, we’ve obtained a solid of Nilay, Dieter, Verge managing editor Alex Cranz, Verge reviewer Allison Johnson, and Verge deputy editor Dan Seifert. The crew discusses critiques for the Google Pixel 5A, Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, and Z Fold 3, in addition to another information within the tech world just like the T-Cell knowledge breach that uncovered the non-public data of greater than 47 million individuals.
Within the second half of the present, Alex, Dieter, and Nilay focus on the tech information you’ll have missed — like Intel’s new PC gaming GPUs, Fb’s new metaverse conferencing software program, and the attention-grabbing emails revealed from Apple, Google, and Epic.
You may hearken to the total dialogue right here or in your most popular podcast participant.
- COVID-19 booster photographs might be provided to Individuals in September, Biden administration says
- Immunocompromised individuals ought to get a 3rd COVID-19 vaccine dose, CDC committee says
- Go learn this deep dive on why US public well being knowledge methods couldn’t deal with COVID-19
- Google Pixel 5A overview: boring, however higher than ever
- Google Pixel 5A comes with a much bigger battery and display screen, smaller price ticket
- The Google Pixel 6 gained’t ship with a charger
- Galaxy Watch 4 overview: welcome to Samsung’s backyard
- Samsung’s Galaxy Z Flip 3 is the primary folding telephone for regular individuals
- There’s nonetheless a spot for the Notice in Samsung’s Galaxy
- Samsung confirms it’s eradicating adverts from its inventory apps later this 12 months
- How the newest and biggest Samsung and Apple earbuds lock you into their world
- T-Cell knowledge breach uncovered the non-public data of greater than 47 million individuals
- Microsoft is making it more durable to change default browsers in Home windows 11
- Apple’s been enjoying it too MagSafe
- Apple’s try at podcast subscriptions is off to a messy begin
- FTC says Fb has been a monopoly ‘since at least 2011’ in amended antitrust grievance
- Inside Fb’s metaverse for work
- Google’s ‘Project Hug’ paid out big sums to maintain sport devs within the Play Retailer, Epic submitting claims
- Google gave telephone makers more money to ditch third-party app shops
- Google secretly had an enormous gaming imaginative and prescient that features bringing video games to Mac
- Sweetheart offers and plastic knives: all the very best emails from the Apple vs. Epic trial
- Steve Jobs electronic mail confirms Apple was engaged on an ‘iPhone nano’
- Intel enters the PC gaming GPU battle with Arc
- Intel reveals off its reply to Nvidia’s DLSS, coming to Arc GPUs in 2022
- Intel previews its Alder Lake chip, guarantees hybrid CPUs for desktops and laptops
- Water shortages loom over future semiconductor fabs in Arizona
- Why Intel and TSMC are building water-dependent chip factories in one of the driest U.S. states
- GM and AT&T are teaming as much as deliver 5G to Chevy, Cadillac, and GMC automobiles by 2024